Provide, design and implement an extensive plan to extended BoNet and provide “Wicked Free WiFi” to designated areas of the City. Key aspects of the project as follows:
- Survey areas of the City designated for coverage.
- Provide list of possible locations and alternatives.
- Coordinate with multiple City agencies for planning, access and design input.
- Identify Core aggregation points used as backhaul locations to extend network.
- Pre-stage, build and test all equipment at SullyMac.
- Use Meraki MR62 Access points to provide WiFi.
- Use Mimosa B5 Wireless radios to provide up to 200mb of backhaul throughput.
- Complete all site make ready work on roofs, light poles and traffic lights.
SullyMac’s comprehensive knowledge of BoNet and strategic partnership with the City of Boston was a major factor in the success of this project. We have the ability to design, manage and successfully complete projects of this scope because we have professional highly skilled engineers, technicians and electricians. This project encompassed many challenges from technology issues, electrical tasks, low-voltage cabling obstacles, building/pole restrictions, multi-agency coordination and weather impacting schedules. We successfully navigated our way through these challenges and delivered for the City of Boston. Through this project and many others, we are identified as a key partner for projects of this scope.