Provide and execute a comprehensive plan to upgrading the G&S network in a seamless efficient timeframe. Key aspects of the project as follows:
- Identify current cabling plant labeling key connections and demo unused lines.
- Design a new network that can run in parallel with existing network.
- Design and implement a new 10GB fiber backbone between MDF and IDFs.
- Develop and implement a floor by floor plan to re-cable and upgrade network equipment.
- Upgrade IDF network racks, UPS and electrical if needed.
- Design and install APC SmartBunker in MDF.
- All work will be completed off hours eliminating potential disruptions and outages.
- Develop training plan with G&S IT for turnover upon completion.
- Work with Facility Managers and Building Engineers on potential changes and issues.
The project was successfully completed over a seven-month timeframe resulting in a state of the
art network. G&S now has a facility with complete coverage of 802.11ac WiFi, 1GB to all endpoints, a redundant 10GB backbone connected to virtual chassis and UPS backup power across the entire network. The upgrade was completed with minimal disruptions to the staff and no unplanned outages.