We have a full-time safety officer dedicated to training employees on safe equipment usage, fall-prevention programs, and other processes that ensure job site safety. This education protects not just our employees, but customers and visitors to job sites.
Sullivan & McLaughlin maintains an impressive modification rate of 0.83 despite averaging 1 million man-hours per year, making us one of the safest electrical subcontractors of our size nationally and is a direct result of our commitment to safety. This allows us to be competitive on major construction projects which are under an Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) and saves thousands on workers’ compensation costs.
Our safety officer also researches and produces an up-to-date safety manual that assists project managers, foremen and clients in answering questions and making informed decisions regarding a variety of safety issues.
Safety is a Priority
- Job hazard analysis is conducted for any unusual or hazardous work
- Live electric work and confined space work is performed under a company safety permit
- Daily worksite inspections are a priority
- CPR and first aid training is offered annually through the Caritas Carney Hospital
- Foreman OSHA 30 hour training is conducted by our safety office
- All employees are OSHA 10 hour trained
- Safety topics and “Toolbox Talks” are covered in a weekly safety newsletter
- Worksite training in lockout/tagout, confined space, and other topics are provided when appropriate
All Team SullyMac electricians and technicians are expertly trained and certified by leading manufacturers of equipment such as Berk-Tek, Mohawk and Leviton.
For more information about Team SullyMac’s safety program: email@example.com